Friday, April 30, 2010

Ant blog

Chat with Terence today:

3:15 PM Terence: hello James
  do you have a minute?
3:17 PM me: Sure, how are things going
3:18 PM Terence: Well, I was just trying to build Ant successfully in Eclipse, and I tracked down all the external libraries
3:19 PM but there are still problems
  like I have a lot of classes called A.java
  a number of them
  and they are all conflicting
  Have you tried fiddling around using Eclipse of Netbeans or something yet?
3:20 PM me: Yeah, I have not yet been able to build successfully in eclipse.. look at my blog for how to build the project from the source.
 Terence: okay
 me: I used the provided build script
3:21 PM Terence: I tried that but that didn't work either. Maybe with all the libraries that I have now, I can get that to work
  And the Prof wants us to move faster
  with the Midterm and the Coase paper and my other subjects, life is kinda fast right now
3:22 PM me: I know the feeling
3:23 PM Perhaps there is something on the discussion board about getting this built under Eclipse
  I think there is a discussion board
  I have not seen it yet
3:24 PM Terence: perhaps. I guess we have to build it completely each time, even though we're only going to work on a small bug right now?
  just to make sure that it doesn't break anything else?
3:25 PM me: I'm not sure
  I think most of the folders have test scripts with common names causing the conflicts.
 Terence: because most of these errors are in the test cases, and I'm sure that I can build it if I remove them (or at least the problematic ones)
 me: I'm not sure how the build script gets around that
3:26 PM Right, probably just need to remove some source code directoris
 Terence: and Who does that? make so many classes with the same name, and then not use package identifiers to differentitate them?
3:27 PM me: It would be nice to be able to pull it into eclipse and the project to be organized enough for eclipse to make educated enough guesses to create a functioning project
3:28 PM Terence: well, I better get back to my stuff then
  thanks for the help
3:29 PM and if you locate that discussion board, do blog it
 me: I'm planning on working on that a bit more this weekend
  I will
 Terence: thanks
  have a nice day
  bye
 me: Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment