Sunday, May 16, 2010

Discarded response to the group

After reviewing the "Ask Smart Questions" article. I have abandoned the following response I had mocked up for the group. I realized the entire post would assume that everyone is interested in working hard to get me up to speed rather than showing that I am willing to get myself up to speed. Since 15149 is so old and is not mentioned in either the user or developer group, I am going to assume that 15149 is simply not relevant.

The use of Ant unit appears to be the key to debugging in Eclipse. I am not sure what versions of jars I need in my class path to do this, but I believe that I have simply not taken the time yet to get them all.

Thank you Martin.

I am not sure I understand the part about production quality jars for Class Not Found Exceptions.

I have not contributed to open source before and am interested in trying to start doing so now.

I am not interested in creating a new ant task for personal use; I am interested in helping fix bugs in Ant's existing tasks identified in BugZilla.

I have identified some bugzilla issues to tackle and I have tried to focus on bug 15149 "Dealing with the Replace Task". This one has been around for a while and is a feature request and not really a bug, but I think I can kinda see what is requested.

Do the steps you provided apply to changes to the existing tasks as well as the addition of new tasks?

I dislike bothering the development mailing list for such newbie questions. I have become very familiar with using Eclipse for Java development and I am curious whether others are using it as well for actual development of the Ant project.

Is 15149 still a relevant issue to fix? Would this one be too big to tackle?

No comments:

Post a Comment