Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Replace Task

I was hoping to understand the replace task so I can tackle "15149 dealing with the replace task"
I think I'm going to have to mock up some sample data. The override concept is an interesting one.  There are a list of files with tokens in them representing other values. This is kinda like mail merge. The replace task can take a properties file (a list of entries like name=value) and replace the tokens which match name with the corresponding value. For 15149, the submitter suggested that there could be a large master file of properties, the user could reference, but also use a smaller file to override a small subset of entries with custom entries. I could see this two ways. The first method would be to have a master file and an override file. The other method would be to allow the user to set up a hierarchy of property files. I have a similar issue at work and a hierarchical structure would work nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment